Sunday, June 12, 2011

#43: Someone flashes you to tell you about a speed camera up ahead

#43: It makes my day when……….Someone flashes you to tell you about a speed camera up ahead.  
Now before you get all righteous (just like I would) and say I shouldn’t be speeding in the first place, please be well aware that in no way do I condone speeding & truth be told I have never had any speeding fine or infringement in my 10 years of driving – yay for me!
However when you are on the way home from a road trip (like I am 3 hours in on a 7 hour drive) you may just be able to justify to yourself that travelling 112km/hr in a 110km/hr zone would get you home 14km quicker and hence save you about 6.5mins.
(Ed: Yes I did the math & while it could be wrong, it did make me realise that it’s not worth the risk. However I’ve digressed!)
Anyway when you driving along and someone flashes you to suggest that the law enforcement are up ahead, it does give you the opportunity to slowly take your foot off the accelerator and cruise past the speed trap well under the speed limit.
It was unlikely you would have been caught anyway, as I am sure my readers are all law abiding drivers but if you could you’d love to yell “THANKS” to your fellow road traveller.
They went out of their way to help you out, so you are grateful, especially so if you had happened to be screaming along to the latest Beyonce track causing you push slightly harder on the accelerator.
Happy travels!
Becstar x

No comments:

Post a Comment