Thursday, October 6, 2011

#94: High Five’s from a stranger

#94: It makes my day when…………..High Five’s from a stranger. 

Okay so before I get started on today’s gem, first I must apologise for my complete lack of posts over the past few weeks. I have had some things happening in my own life that have taken away my focus but since I am so close to the magical 100th (& final) post in this blog, I am motivated to finish what we started. Don’t despair there are other projects in the pipeline that will follow to keep you smiling……....

I’m going to start this post by asking you a question……..When was the last time you high fived someone?

If you can’t remember, then it’s been too long and I want you to find a reason to high five someone today.

High five’s are one of my favourite actions to instantly improve your mood, as it usually means that you have identified something awesome and are willing to acknowledge it. I high five my family all the time after someone tells a cracker joke, high five my exercise partner at the end of boxing class for a job well done and even high five the kids in my life, well just because they are awesome.

But the experience is heightened when you high five a stranger. Why you ask? Well that means that something has happened that is so super, super awesome that it is impossible to contain the excitement within your own personal space. Your favourite team may have just won a big game, you may have just heard good news on the radio, your number at Medicare may have finally been called to the counter……Whatever it is, I guarantee the excitement you get from such a simple gesture will leave you with the biggest smile on your face.

Just try it……High five your partner for cooking a great dinner, high five your kids for cleaning their rooms or a work colleague for simply surviving another week. If you don’t a least crack a smile, then I am happy to refund all money paid for reading this blog.

Happy slapping!

Becstar x

No comments:

Post a Comment