Tuesday, July 26, 2011

#69: You get that last email out, just before your laptop power dies.

#69: It makes my day when…………..You get that last email out, just before your laptop power dies.
If you rely on the use of any particular type of battery powered equipment then hopefully you are nodding along to this one. For me the two things I rely on everyday are my laptop and my iphone.
Working outside of a traditional ‘office’, always out at client’s premises or in the air around the country, I have to be on my A-game when it comes to keeping my appliances charged but to be brutally honest I am sitting on about a C+ average – I suck!
Therefore it totally makes my day when I judge the use of my equipment to perfection by finishing everything that I need to do, then having my laptop power fade out 15 seconds later. I feel like I have beaten the buzzer and won the game by sinking a 3-pointer from the halfway line – okay so that may seem quite drastic but it makes me feel like a winner! Like I have outsmarted the laptop!
This may happen when you have just enough battery on your phone to sms your partner/mum the address for them to pick you up from, your ipod runs out of power just as you finishing your run, the remote control batteries are fading but they still work to turn the tv off so you don’t have to get out of bed or your electric toothbrush keeps spinning until the morning of your weekly shopping trip for more batteries.
Whatever it is, hopefully your good fortune does not go unnoticed and it makes you smile.
Happy power saving!
Becstar x

No comments:

Post a Comment