Wednesday, August 3, 2011

#74: You find a shortcut in Excel/Word/Pages that you will use every day going forward

#74: It makes my day when………….. You find a shortcut in Excel/Word/Pages that you will use every day going forward.
This is one of those bitter-sweet moments where you are torn between being super excited about your discovery but also being slightly annoyed at all the time you could have saved if you had known this shortcut 5 years earlier. Imagine how much more impressive your uni assignments could have been……..
I am sure this must happen to people every day, when you suddenly figure out a quicker way to search/sort data, an easier way to format pictures in word documents or perhaps even just learning to create a formula in excel. Whatever your level of proficiency with these programs, I am sure that there is always more to learn.
My latest discovery has been ‘Conditionally Formatting” in excel which has come in handy on more than one occasion. I love to colour code my documents and this functionality selects all the fields with the same values & highlights them in a nice ‘pink’ for me. Brilliant!
I suppose I could create more of these moments by doing a course of these programs to learn more but perhaps that would take the fun out of “discovering it” for myself. It’s like a nerdy treasure hunt with the reward being enough free time for an extra coffee break (or perhaps just fitting in more work!).
Happy hunting!
Becstar x


No comments:

Post a Comment