Sunday, August 14, 2011

#80: You get to take an afternoon nap.

#80: It makes my day when………….. You get to take an afternoon nap.

Woah, I can’t believe it has taken me 80 posts to blog about this one – it has to be one of my all-time favourites. There aren’t too many simply pleasures in life that I enjoy more than an afternoon nap.

I had to really think about the last time I indulged, as they have become left frequent these days without the excessive training but then I remembered back to a lazy Sunday afternoon only 2 weeks ago that I enjoyed a 45min kip in the warmth of my doona. (Incidentally I had run 16km that morning, hence the need for extra sleep)

At night I really struggle to get to sleep and it usually takes me at least an hour before I nod off but put me down for an afternoon nap and I’ll be zonked out within 10. I also feel like it’s a better quality sleep and sometimes it splits the day up so much that you feel like you’ve had 2 days for the price of one.

The ‘nap’ phenomenon could come in handy this week for me as I embark on what I am calling “Operation Rise Early” where I am getting myself out of bed every day before 6.30am. Now before you all scoff that this is not so early, I agree for most that isn’t but when you work from home & it takes you 5 steps to get to your desk, there is no huge need to get up super early. However I am determined to get more out of my day & this morning I got up, had coffee, checked social media, exercised for ½ hour, did the dishes, ate brekkie, paid a bill and was still at the ‘office’ by 8am. My reward for the lifestyle change is that as long as I get up early, I can take a 30min nap if required. Best bit is that I’ll still be 1-2 hours ahead – how clever am I?

I hope you all get to welcome a nap into your day sometime soon……..

Happy napping!

Becstar x
                     Wouldn’t it be great to go back to kindergarten & enjoy ‘Nap Time’ every day?

No comments:

Post a Comment