Monday, August 1, 2011

#73: You find awesome clothes in your wardrobe you forgot you owned.

#73: It makes my day when………….. You find awesome clothes in your wardrobe you forgot you owned.
Happens to me all the time! And I think it makes me more excited that when I actually purchased the item in the first place because it’s like getting a new outfit without having to pay! Brilliant!
Perhaps it’s my distinct lack of desire to do any ironing that leads to me to the discovery of ‘new clothes’ when I finally have a spare 5 hours to get to the bottom of the basket. They could have been there for months years before I finally rediscover them but I like to think it’s a reward for finally doing my unwanted chores.
Or sometimes it occurs at the start of a new season, when you rediscover a cool skirt that you brought early last summer but had completely forgotten about and only stumbled across when searching the back of the drawer for your trusty boardies after a long, comfort eating winter!
The ultimate though is when you find a beautiful dress that you had forgotten you owned at crisis time when you have a big event to attend & just couldn’t find ‘anything’ in the ‘real’ stores. You take one last look in your wardrobe after conceding you will have to wear “Miss faithful LBD” when you see a glimpse of the beautiful floral Cooper Street dress that you only even wore once to your long lost cousins engagement before FB was invented meaning there are no tagged pictures/evidence of your wearing it & everyone commented on how lovely it was. Gasp! Amazing!
Happy shopping! (In your own wardrobe)
Becstar x
                                     I bet Carrie would have had moments like this ‘all the time’!

No comments:

Post a Comment