Wednesday, August 31, 2011

#89: You notice the seasons change

#89: It makes my day when…………..You notice the seasons change

Welcome to spring! Or for my Northern Hemisphere readers, say goodbye to summer (sorry that was cruel, I feel your pain)

Today it is obvious that the seasons are changing, my Twitter and Facebook feeds have been overwhelmed by people telling winter to “P*ss off” and perhaps rightly so. But I’m so excited about today, as I’m not talking about the actual date of season changeover that gets me excited.

I’m talking about the moments that happened a few weeks ago, when I noticed that it was dramatically lighter in the mornings, when the sun was shining more days than it was cloudy, when I got minor sunburn at the footy and/or when I got out for a ride and I wasn’t required to wear my arm/leg warmers.

For a friend of mine who lives in the country, she said she recently noticed it was getting warmer, as she only wore a scarf twice that week after months of not going outside without one on. I am sure you all have little things that you notice or should notice that lets you know that warmer weather is on its way.
Bright sunny days make me happy so knowing that there are plenty of them right around the corner is enough to get me excited.

Happy spring!

Becstar x

No comments:

Post a Comment