Tuesday, June 21, 2011

#50: Fuel light comes on & you see a petrol station on the horizon

#50: It makes my day when……….Fuel light comes on & you see a petrol station on the horizon.
Geez I hate filling up the car with petrol. I don’t know why but it just one of those chores that I really don’t like doing. Lucky for me I hardly drive a car in Melbourne so filling up is restricted to about every 3-4 weeks.
However since I do not enjoy it (Ridiculous I know as it takes less than 10mins) sometimes I feel the urge to push the limit on how far I can travel til I really need to fill up……the fuel light gives you at least another 30km right?
So while you could argue that putting myself in this position is self-inflicted, it certainly excited me when I suddenly get anxious that I really need petrol and one suddenly appears on the horizon.
Even better is when any of the following occur –
·         Petrol is cheap (well as cheap as you have seen it for a while)
·         There is no line
·         It is not rainy or freezing cold
·         You have a discount docket for the exact station you pulled into
·         The attendant fills up for you – Does this actually happen anymore? I remember it used to when I was younger and I suggest they bring it back.

Happy refuelling!
Becstar x

Ps. Today we hit the 50th post for the “Makes My Day When” blog – yay! I have really enjoyed doing this over the past 8-9 weeks and appreciate the positive feedback from all. The major thing I have learnt from doing this is that every day there are small things that make you smile or improve your mood. As I have been looking out for them, I notice them happening all the time and I can’t help but smile. I just hope this blog has made you smile in some small way when some of these events occur in your life.
The aim is to keep going until I hit at least 100 posts and although I am still continuing to find these gem moments, please feel free to email me with any ideas you may have. Send your ideas to becs_away@hotmail.com and I’ll be sure to credit your genius on the post.

No comments:

Post a Comment